Private Pay Policies
The Chatter Box is currently considered out of network for insurance coverage with all insurance companies except Cigna and Tricare. It is our policy to provide parents that have other insurance carriers with the necessary information they need to recoup funds spent on evaluation and intervention services through their out of network benefit. An invoice/receipt with verification of payment, taxpayer ID, credentials and location of therapist, diagnosis and treatment codes as well as child and family information is provided to the family via email following each therapy visit. Payment from parents/guardians is due at time of service, with the exception being those families that are with the above mentioned carriers, in which case we will file for insurance reimbursement. A number of families use their flexible spending and/or health savings accounts for services and we do have the capability to bill an HSA card directly. We strongly recommend that parents verify with their insurance company any deductibles that must be met and annual limits on services, which apply whether a provider is in-network or out. It has been our experience that, with rising deductibles and increased annual limits on services, many families find direct billing of their HSA or paying out of their flexible spending accounts is easier and , in some cases, more affordable than billing with an in-network provider. We always encourage families to compare all aspects of services being provided, including rates, before making a decision to work with a specific provider.
Rates for Speech, Physical, Occupational, and Developmental Therapy/Group Services/Tutoring/Evaluations are paid at time of service discount.
Evaluation (OT, PT, and ST), Dyslexia Screening
Evaluation (Speech Articulation Only)
In center therapy/discount site
In-community therapy – All disciplines – (no proration due to travel)
Feeding Group, and Developmental Intervention Group
Neighborhood Friend Participation/Speech Screening
Dyslexia Tutoring Services
45-minute Off-site Session: $78 // 45-minute On-site Session:$70
- A convenience fee of $1.50 is incurred for all payments processed with a card.
- Payment is due at time of service. We prefer to keep credit card information on file and charge as intervention occurs.
- Cancellations require 24-hour notice to your therapist to avoid payment.
- Cancellations under 24-hour notice, other than emergencies, may incur a charge of $25.00.
- Cancellation of more than 20% of scheduled visits could result in dismissal from services.
- Unpaid account balances of more than $100 will result in a cessation of services until the account is paid in full.
- As part of your fees, you will receive a 6-month progress report updating you on your child’s development and plan of treatment. Evaluations are recommended on an annual basis.
- Off-site therapy sessions must be for a full hour unless at a location with which the Chatter Box has a superseding agreement.